Department of Labor Relations
(1) Guide the sound organization structure of labor union and nurture the
capability of union cadres.
(2) Establish negotiation mechanism based on trust to encourage labor participation
(3) Establish diverse employer-employee dispute resolution mechanisms, realize
Protective Act of Mass Redundancy of Employees, provide litigation assistance,
and safeguard labor rights.
(4) Research and amend Labor Contract Act and secure rights of non-standard
Department of Labor Standards
(1) Stipulate and realize labor standards to ensure labor rights.
(2) Promote labor retirement system to secure retirement life of labor.
(3) Realize Gender Equality in Employment Act to create a friendly work environment
in the workplace.
Department of Labor Welfare
(1) Promote labor welfare system to improve life of labor.
(2) Provide consultation services for entrepreneurs and support business startup
loans for micro-enterprises.
(3) Implement labor education to enhance labor capability.
(4) Establish supporting service safety net for less privileged labor.
Department of Labor Insurance
(1) Plan for the strategies of labor insurance and employment insurance and
stipulate, amend, and interpret related laws and regulations.
(2) Implement labor insurance annuity system.
(3) Supervise financial situation of labor insurance and utilization and management
(4) Research and plan for occupational hazard insurance related matters.
Department of Labor Safety and Health
(1) Formulate regulations, systems and standards of labor safety and health.
(2) Guide and supervise educational trainings and outreach of labor safety
(3) Guide and assist organizations and businesses to improve safety and health
facilities in the workplace.
(4) Promote organizations and businesses to establish safety and health self-management
system in the workplace.
(5) Promote assessment of work environment and enhance health in the workplace.
Department of Labor Inspection
(1) Announce guidelines for labor safety and health inspection plan and promote
hazard mitigation strategy.
(2) Supervise and implement labor safety and health inspection, request organizations
and business to improve related facilities, and prevent occupational hazards.
(3) Assist organizations and businesses to establish management system for
occupational safety and health, and implement effective self-management and
hazard prevention measures.
(4) Realize the 3-in-1 strategy of outreach, inspection and guidance to enhance
the safety and health levels of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Department of Planning
(1) Research and plan for labor strategies, reorganization, and promotion
(2) Management and assessment of implementation progress and effectiveness
(3) Coordinate international labor affairs.
(4) Research and propose full utilization strategies of labor force.
Department of Statistics
(1) Measure labor economy situation.
(2) Conduct surveys of various labor statistics.
(3) Establish employment forecast statistics.
(4) Compile employment guidelines by industry and occupation.
(5) Provide information services of labor statistics.
Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training
(1) Conduct orientation trainings and on-the-job trainings.
(2) Conduct employment consultation, employment services, job matching, etc.
(3) Facilitate employment measures to provide job opportunities for less privileged
(4) Perform permission and management of employment of foreigners.
Central Region Office
(1) Develop skill test for new job positions and create various benchmarks.
(2) Conduct National Skills Certification, Project Skills Certification, computer-based
real time academic tests, and certification issuance of real time tests.
(3) Conduct National Skills Competition, National Skills Competition for the
Disabled, International Skills Competition, and International Vocational Skills
Address:9th Floor, No.83, Second Section, Yanping
N. Road, Datong District, Taipei City, Taiwan
Tel 8862-8590-2866 Fax 8862-8590-2960 Updated:2011/8/4
Best viewed with 1024*768 resolution